Just because you are eating healthy, doesn’t mean it has to be boring. Spices are a great way to add flavor and help your body stay lean and trim. Here are 10 great ways to spice up your life and lose inches from Your waist! – Dr. Rob America’s Fitness Doctor®
1. Cinnamon-the powerful antioxidants found in this sweet with heat spice help to keep blood sugar and your energy levels consistent. Add this to your morning oatmeal.
2. Cayenne-this fiery spice contains capsaicin which helps to improve insulin sensitivity. Add this to your fish, chicken or vegetables.
3. Coriander-this lemony spice has a sedative effect that can help with insomnia and anxiety. Add this to any meat, chicken or fish.
4. Ginger powder-this tangy spice has anti-inflammatory properties that can aid sore muscles. Try adding this to vegetables sauteed in olive oil or ginger tea.
5. Paprika-this smoky hot spice has vitamin A in it which aids in vision, immunity and bone growth. Try adding this to your eggs, chicken or fish.
6. Chili Powder-this fiery spice can help to decrease your appetite. Add this one to whatever you like!
7. Curry Powder-sweet tasting, curry has antioxidant properties that may help to reduce coronary artery disease. Add this to fish, chicken, shrimp, or beef.
8. Saffron-this red, slightly bitter spice may help to decrease PMS. Use this spice with chicken or lighter fish, like talapia.
9. Nutmeg-this sweet spice contains myristicin that is known to help fight infections. Use this spice on top of butternut or acorn squash.
10. Fennel-this spice is one of my favorites! It has a licorice flavor. I prefer to use fresh fennel and slice it and grill it with olive oil. You can also make a fantastic sauce for pasta. Fennel aids in digestion and helps to freshen your breath. Here is my recipe; heat up 2 tablespoons of olive oil, add 2 cloves of chopped garlic and one finely chopped fennel bulb, add a little sea salt and black pepper. Top on a fine, long pasta and Viola!
Dr. Rob Kominiarek, America’s Fitness Doctor®
“Fitness is the Footprint of Life…Follow It!”